Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What's been going on in my life

Not much time left of 2012, is there? To date, I've made 165 projects, 36 of which I made this year, at least 7 of which I've designed myself. I've never really sat down and put the numbers to it, but that's actually really cool.
I'm really embarassed of my website right now. I haven't designed even a single webpage for years, so the entire site is kind of crap right now. I'm redesigning it so that I can put my ravelry patterns up on it for sale, for those people who dont have/want a ravelry account (though they should, Ravelry is the shit!) but it takes an awful lot of coding to get that kind of thing up and running. I still haven't finished the style sheets, I'm embarassed to say, but its coming together, agonizingly slow piece by piece. It doesn't help that I /still/ don't have home internet. It would take quite a bit more income for that to happen, so I only have between 2 and 3 hours at the library to get everything done for the day, in addition to the website. I'm still looking for a job, and I'm also looking into returning to college for at least a semester or two. It depends on the kind of job I end up getting, or if I end up doing this on a larger scale. We'll see on that front.
I also have been having trouble finding the time to knit! For starters, my mother's house was robbed earlier this month, and it's been terrible trying to deal with everything that entails, knowing that it's unlikely to ever amount to anything anyway (a word to the wise: robberies are rarely solved, so its far better to prevent it that to recover from it. Even a fake security system can help prevent you from becoming a victim. Hide your valuables well, and never all in the same place. Most importantly, make sure every door to the outside has at least a deadbolt lock, because it's the most difficult lock to break with brute force, other than a chain lock.) But I've also been helping a friend with an early thanksgiving party, which was super fun. There was drinking, and party games, and most importantly food. Though I wasn't really related to anyone there, it was like being at a family reuinion. <3 I love you guys! That is probably all the knitting distractions I have for this month (that was probably the only thanksgiving celebration I'll attend this year. I'll be making my own feast at home this year with my wife <3) but next month is looking somewhat iffy for knitting. I don't have a lot of knitted gifts to make, but I do have a knitting backlog, and a very important christmas gift to knit up as well. Juggling that, plus designing, plus christmas parties and get-togethers, plus having some semblance of a normal life (housekeeping anyone?) will be a little difficult until at least a week or so into the new year. Wish me fiber luck? Perhaps if we all have enough knitterly good will for the season, we can all get our gift knitting done ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment