Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bookmarks, a laundry bag, and blanket update

So I finished the blanket a couple inches before I wanted to, but as you can see, the stitches were so scrunched up on the needles, I was having a hard time keeping them on. This is the longest cord I have, so I had to admit defeat and just bind off. I think it came out nicely, and I'm really looking forward to blocking it.

I also spent a day working on some bookmarks. I just wanted something small and instant gratification right after finishing the blanket, so I made this little set of bookmarks. They're nothing fancy, and I haven't stiffened them yet, but they're cute, ask I went ahead and took a picture anyway.
Now I'm working on a laundry bag. I tried looking for a pattern first, but they were all too small (or my bras are too big?) So I'm improvising this one as will. This picture is just after I've finished the bottom and started on "wall" if you will, of the bag. I know most of these are done mesh, but it's so my bras won't catch on anything, so mesh wouldn't really help with that. Instead, I'm working in crocodile stitch, which I've never done before and am actually really enjoying. I'm writing the directions as I go along so I should have a pattern to post as soon as I finish.
That's all for now, as I have to go finish studying for class in a few hours. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment