Monday, May 21, 2012

Free Pattern - Vase Cozy

This is my first time uploading a pattern, and actually it's my first time having a pattern written up at all. I'm sorry that it's not that good, but the editor I used wasn't that good, so I was a bit limited. That said, I'm sure my skills will improve, so moving on.  EDIT June 2017: New link to the new, improved pattern! (old PDF link to the pattern removed) and I'm trying to get it put up on ravelry, so I can start putting up more and better patterns.



In other news, I've been making steady progress on my shawl. I'm set to finish it up today. I had a minor setback when I reached the last leaf repeat: I had dropped a stitch waaaaaaay back in the  previous repeat and had to rip back to there. TT_TT The photos are from when I finished ripping back, before I put it all back on the needles. I also seem to have less yarn than I thought, but it's working out that it will be of a workable size, and since that's the important part, I'm not all that concerned. The pattern is Frozen Leaves by  Anusla  (Rav Link and Anusla's Blog). It's a really charming pattern and even though I had some difficulties and had to start over once, and rip back and redo parts multiple times, it's been difficult to ignore and I just couldn't rest until I had worked on it at least a little bit each day. I've been knitting in class and on the bus, but that's not exactly different from normal. u.uU Still, I'm really excited to get this blocked and start using it.




In other, slightly off topic, but nonetheless interesting news, my cat has taken to just generally hanging out in the shower. Of course, he won't when wet, but the fact that he has walked into it multiple times and it was wet does not seem to dampen his interest in hanging out there when it isn't. He has never showed interest in the shower before now, and there was even some negative experiences with the shower for him. (It's not my fault. Sometimes, you just have to wash the cat. Not that he could ever understand that... ) So now we have to be careful not to turn the shower on while he's using it (!) because then he would be quite offended. Xp





No comments:

Post a Comment